Opportunity Near Boston to Lead Risk and Compliance Programs as Next Director!
- Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Director will lead the identification, investigation, resolution, and mitigation of all risk issues for inpatient and outpatient services, while ensuring compliance with insurer and regulatory requirements.
- As the expert resource, the Director will provide education to hospital staff, physicians, and leadership on the topics of risk management, patient safety, and compliance, as well as partner across departments to develop processes to monitor and track progress in these areas.
- Seeking a highly visible, adaptable, and detail-oriented leader who can effectively collaborate with all levels of leadership, including for annual strategic planning.
- Must bring 7+ years of relevant progressive leadership experience and knowledge around risk identification and management, insurance/claims investigation, settlement negotiations, and compliance monitoring and regulations.
- Master’s degree highly preferred.
- ASHRM CPHRM or an equivalent certification preferred.
- Heywood Hospital is a non-profit community-owned hospital licensed for 134-bed hospital and is a member of the Heywood Healthcare system that serves north central Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire.
- With 1,000+ employees and 200+ physicians, Heywood Hospital provides a broad range of high quality medical, orthopedic, bariatric, surgical, obstetrical, pediatric and behavioral health services on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The hospital’s Centers of Excellence include the Watkins Center for Emergency and Acute Care; the LaChance Maternity Center; the Diabetes Center; and the Heywood Heart and Vascular Center.
- Heywood Hospital was named to Newsweek’s 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals, one of fewer than 250 to receive the prestigious accolade. The facility has also received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award and is the first hospital in Massachusetts to receive the Gold Level Go Clear Award for its achievement in eliminating hazardous smoke from its surgical procedures.
- Gardner, Massachusetts, is a historic city located in close proximity to major destination sites, including an hour from Boston and three hours from New York City.
- Home to Dunn State Park, Gardner Heritage State Park, and Lake Wampanoag Wildlife Sanctuary, Gardner also hosts Theatre at the Mount, which has been Central Massachusetts’ premier regional theatre presenting high-quality entertainment at affordable prices for more than 40 years.
- The city achieved international recognition as a major center for chair fabrication to the point that it became known as the "chair city of the world." A 20’ chair stands today as testimony to Gardner’s history in the chair manufacturing industry.