Surrounded by ski slopes and a national park, Gunnison, CO is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join the Gunnison Valley Health team, a Top 100 cutting edge rural critical access hospital!
- The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the Gunnison Valley Health financial management team, which includes Finance, Patient Financial Services, Information Technology, and Supply Chain Management.
- The CFO will focus on leading and developing the leaders’ skill set to ensure success within departments.
- Responsible for the outcome of all actions and decisions with customer satisfaction and fiscal performance.
- The CFO will be a key partner within the Gunnison Valley Health organization, as well as collaborative member with the Chief Executive Officer.
- Seeking a strong financial leader who possesses analytical skills, as well as real estate development, business planning, and a service line background. Experience with ambulatory physician practices would be a plus. Brings a passion for leadership development and succession planning.
- Minimum of five years accounting and finance management experience in a hospital setting required.
- Supervisory/management experience required.
- Critical access hospital and capital financing preferred.
- MGA and HFMA background preferred.
- Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. They are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award-winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between.
- GVH serves the 17,000 residents of Gunnison County, Colorado. It’s 450-plus-member staff works with 50 local and visiting specialists.
- The Gunnison Valley Health Foundation is a separate 501c3 and the CEO of Gunnison Valley Health is a Board Member. Gunnison Valley Health is a fully integrated health system that includes almost every aspect of healthcare.
- From the Family Birthing Center to the Senior Care Center to the Cancer Care Center and the philanthropic foundation, Gunnison Valley Health is here to keep Gunnison County living well together.
- Gunnison is rather like a home on the range surrounded by ski areas and a national park. The city, which feels like a cattleman's town, is the kind of place where you don't feel like a tourist as much as somebody visiting the folks.
- It's a great base camp for exploring a treasure trove of natural and man-made attractions. To get there, you probably have to cross Monarch Pass, where you'll find good skiing in winter. Head north from town and you'll end up in Crested Butte, famous for its extreme terrain.
- But head west and the valley drops away into the Curecanti National Recreation Area, Blue Mesa Reservoir and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. The reservoir, Colorado's largest man-made lake, in the summer is full of canoes, sailboats, pontoon and motor boats, and people water-skiing, fishing, even parasailing in the refreshing water.
- Summer celebrations also honor the area's Western roots, and the dominant entrée on dinner menus is steak.