Surrounded by ski slopes and a national park, Gunnison, CO is looking for a Chief Nursing Officer to join the Gunnison Valley Health team, a Top 100 cutting edge rural critical access hospital!
- The Chief Nursing Officer will be responsible for the administration and management of nursing teams within Gunnison Valley Health by planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling resources to achieve strategic objectives.
- This leader will report to the organizations Chief Executive Officer and oversee a team of 11 direct reports.
- This position will be expected to boost morale, by reinvigorating and inspiring the nursing practice/leadership. They will work in tandem with the Chief Medical Officer in the selection and successful implementation of a new EMR system within 12 -18 months. They will also be asked to work to bring back a two – three bed ICU/Critical Care unit.
- Other roles and responsibilities include assessment of current leadership structure and staffing models associated with care delivery and identifying areas of improvement opportunities. As well as strengthening relations with Nursing Home Administrator and Physician staff.
- Ideal candidates will be strategic and innovative thinkers. They must be a visible, hands-on, collaborative leader who is capable of mentoring and developing department staff. LEAN process improvement and Studer Service Performance Excellence is a plus.
- BSN required. Master's degree required, MHA, MBA or similar preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 6+ years professional nursing experience, in an acute care setting. Minimum 3+ years leadership experience. Experience in Magnet Journey or Pathway to Excellence is a plus.
- Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. They are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award-winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between.
- GVH serves the 17,000 residents of Gunnison County, Colorado. It’s 450-plus-member staff works with 50 local and visiting specialists.
- The Gunnison Valley Health Foundation is a separate 501c3 and the CEO of Gunnison Valley Health is a Board Member. Gunnison Valley Health is a fully integrated health system that includes almost every aspect of healthcare.
- From the Family Birthing Center to the Senior Care Center to the Cancer Care Center and the philanthropic foundation, Gunnison Valley Health is here to keep Gunnison County living well together.
- Gunnison is rather like a home on the range surrounded by ski areas and a national park. The city, which feels like a cattleman's town, is the kind of place where you don't feel like a tourist as much as somebody visiting the folks.
- It's a great base camp for exploring a treasure trove of natural and man-made attractions. To get there, you probably have to cross Monarch Pass, where you'll find good skiing in winter. Head north from town and you'll end up in Crested Butte, famous for its extreme terrain.
- But head west and the valley drops away into the Curecanti National Recreation Area, Blue Mesa Reservoir and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. The reservoir, Colorado's largest man-made lake, in the summer is full of canoes, sailboats, pontoon and motor boats, and people water-skiing, fishing, even parasailing in the refreshing water.
- Summer celebrations also honor the area's Western roots, and the dominant entrée on dinner menus is steak.