Nestled amidst picturesque ski slopes and a breathtaking national park, Gunnison, CO eagerly awaits its next Home Medical Services Director to join the esteemed Gunnison Valley Health team. Recognized as a Top 100 innovative rural critical access hospital, this opportunity promises a dynamic and fulfilling role in an unparalleled setting.
- The Home Medical Services Director will provide comprehensive oversight of Gunnison Valley Health operations, ensuring excellence in staffing, education, budgeting, quality assessment, regulatory compliance, and supervision of skilled nursing and healthcare services across home health, hospice, and palliative care divisions.
- Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, this leader will oversee a team of twelve direct reports.
- This leader will spearhead the integration of technological advancements within the department, particularly in the realm of home health. Furthermore, they will strategically optimize departmental resources to accommodate census growth, ensuring operational efficiency and excellence.
- Must be an experienced leader well-versed in home health and hospice regulations, with a passion for mentoring and training new staff. Ideal candidates will demonstrate business acumen and innovation, capable of driving the organization forward with strategic vision and creativity.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must have two years healthcare of health service administration experience with at least one year of supervisory experience in home care or a closely related health program.
- Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. They are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award-winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between.
- GVH serves the 17,000 residents of Gunnison County, Colorado. It’s 450-plus-member staff works with 50 local and visiting specialists.
- The Gunnison Valley Health Foundation is a separate 501c3 and the CEO of Gunnison Valley Health is a Board Member. Gunnison Valley Health is a fully integrated health system that includes almost every aspect of healthcare.
- From the Family Birthing Center to the Senior Care Center to the Cancer Care Center and the philanthropic foundation, Gunnison Valley Health is here to keep Gunnison County living well together.
- Gunnison is rather like a home on the range surrounded by ski areas and a national park. The city, which feels like a cattleman's town, is the kind of place where you don't feel like a tourist as much as somebody visiting the folks.
- It's a great base camp for exploring a treasure trove of natural and man-made attractions. To get there, you probably have to cross Monarch Pass, where you'll find good skiing in winter. Head north from town and you'll end up in Crested Butte, famous for its extreme terrain.
- But head west and the valley drops away into the Curecanti National Recreation Area, Blue Mesa Reservoir and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. The reservoir, Colorado's largest man-made lake, in the summer is full of canoes, sailboats, pontoon and motorboats, and people water-skiing, fishing, even parasailing in the refreshing water.
- Summer celebrations also honor the area's Western roots, and the dominant entrée on dinner menus is steak.