Surrounded by ski slopes and a national park, Gunnison, CO is looking for their next Director of Revenue Cycle to join the Gunnison Valley Health team, a Top 100 cutting edge rural critical access hospital!
- The Director of Revenue Cycle will oversee all daily management and Revenue Cycle operations of Gunnison Valley Health, responsible for managing all aspects of facilities coding, accounting, payer contracts, in addition to conducting an analysis of current processes and procedures to identify improvement strategies and recommendations.
- This leader will oversee approximately 29+ FTEs and will work collaboratively with departmental supervisors to implement and maintain programs and standards to establish annual department goals.
- The Director of Revenue Cycle will focus on ongoing departmental initiatives including the improvement of promptness, efficiency, maintenance of software, and improvement of overall financial performance.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this Director will encourage collaboration by providing shared vision leadership and will focus highly on creating effective working relationships with executive leaders.
- The Director of Revenue Cycle will act as the Privacy Officer within the organizations privacy program, and will collaborate closely with business partners and vendors to closely monitor bad debt, transcriptions, billing, and statement vendors.
- Will be accountable for ensuring effective fiscal management including monitoring, logistics, and reporting on additional oversight for all areas of revenue management.
- This leader will be responsible for ensuring that all financial operations are in adherence to local, state, and federal compliance regulations in addition to organizational policies and procedures.
- Seeking an engaging leader to implement structural changes to support continuous growth, as well as maintain a positive working environment to support the close-knit community that has been built by current/long term staff members.
- Ideal candidates will bring strong knowledge and expertise pertaining to HIM, coding, billing finance, and revenue cycle operations in addition to EPIC program experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of five years of revenue cycle experience within a managerial setting is required.
- Experience within a critical access hospital setting is strongly preferred.
- AAHAM Certified Revenue Cycle Executive and/or Certified Healthcare Financial Professional is strongly preferred.
- Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. They are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award-winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between.
- GVH serves the 17,000 residents of Gunnison County, Colorado. It’s 450-plus-member staff works with 50 local and visiting specialists.
- The Gunnison Valley Health Foundation is a separate 501c3 and the CEO of Gunnison Valley Health is a Board Member. Gunnison Valley Health is a fully integrated health system that includes almost every aspect of healthcare.
- From the Family Birthing Center to the Senior Care Center to the Cancer Care Center and the philanthropic foundation, Gunnison Valley Health is here to keep Gunnison County living well together.
- Gunnison is rather like a home on the range surrounded by ski areas and a national park. The city, which feels like a cattleman's town, is the kind of place where you don't feel like a tourist as much as somebody visiting the folks.
- It's a great base camp for exploring a treasure trove of natural and man-made attractions. To get there, you probably have to cross Monarch Pass, where you'll find good skiing in winter. Head north from town and you'll end up in Crested Butte, famous for its extreme terrain.
- But head west and the valley drops away into the Curecanti National Recreation Area, Blue Mesa Reservoir and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. The reservoir, Colorado's largest man-made lake, in the summer is full of canoes, sailboats, pontoon and motorboats, and people water-skiing, fishing, even parasailing in the refreshing water.
- Summer celebrations also honor the area's Western roots, and the dominant entrée on dinner menus is steak.