Join Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, as their next Director of Perioperative Services in Hartford, Connecticut!
- The Director of Perioperative Services is accountable for the direction of management, clinical and quality initiatives, in addition to justification and utilization of resources needed for patient care delivery at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, this leader will collaborate closely with the Chief of Surgery and Anesthesia and will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Operating Room, Ambulatory Surgery, Endoscopy, PACU, Sterile Processing and 36 bed Inpatient surgical unit.
- The Director of Perioperative Services will oversee a team of approximately 200+ FTEs with 8+ direct reports.
- This leader must bring a growth-mindset to allow him/her to propel the department forward while independently developing and implementing departmental initiatives and focusing highly on ongoing improvement projects including maximizing efficiencies, patient care, and employee engagement.
- Seeking candidates with strong nursing leadership experience who value the importance of having a high level of visibility, approachability, and collaboration and seeks to understand and listen in order to achieve positive outcomes and progress.
- Candidates will ideally be well-versed in EPIC programs, service line operations, and overall improvement of patient care strategies including ensuring proper volumes, access, and positive engagement.
- Master’s degree is required.
- Active RN license is required.
- Previous Director of Perioperative Services within an acute care setting is required.
- Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center has been an anchor institution in Connecticut since 1897 as a member of Trinity Health of New England.
- Saint Francis Hospital, a Level 1 Trauma Center, is a 617-bed hospital and a major teaching hospital and the largest Catholic hospital in New England.
- Trinity Health Of New England is an integrated health care delivery system comprised of world-class providers and facilities.
- In New England, the wide array of Trinity Health hospitals, walk-in clinics, medical offices, specialized facilities, affiliated institutions, and foundations serve a population of nearly 3 million people.
- Located in Connecticut's River Valley with hills and rolling valleys, Greater Hartford is a picturesque and exciting location in any season.
- A two-hour drive from New York or Boston, Hartford offers easy access to big city attractions.
- Both local and national developers are investing heavily in the city through a variety of projects, including the new river front Connecticut Science Center, an extensive system of river front trails and parks, and various neighborhood improvements.