This hundred-million-dollar healthcare system and hospital in Oregon is thriving and is searching for its next Director of Surgical Services!
- The Director of Surgical Services is responsible for the oversight and day-to-day operations of a department with eight ORs, with two to be added, and all pre/post operative services and sterile processing.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Nursing, this leader will oversee two direct reports and work in close collaboration with the Chief of Surgery and other Service Line Directors.
- This leader will primarily focus on implementation of LEAN management and process efficiencies into the department. They will also work to grow volume, developing a robotics program. Lastly, this leader will work in collaboration with senior leadership to develop a plan for expansion of the OR.
- Ideal candidates will be highly engaged, visible leaders with extensive knowledge of OR operations. Must be capable of mentor/coaching department staff.
- Knowledge of LEAN Management is highly preferred. Previous union experience is a plus.
- Robotics experience will be very helpful as they’re doing a lot of volume with the Da Vinci-XI and Mako robots for General Surgery and adding a Urology group.
- Strong OR experience will also be important to gain credibility with the existing team of staff and physicians.
- Gaining additional market share will be a top priority and new specialists are being added to the surgical team.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- Active RN license required.
- Hermiston, Oregon is centrally located between the major cities of Portland, Oregon, Spokane, Washington, Boise, Idaho, and Seattle, Washington, with Tri-Cities, Washington being another city that lies close by (30 to 45 miles).
- Hermiston possesses a diverse and booming economy, with a large agriculture industry to major national chain retailers such as Wal-Mart and Home Depot. Amazon is another local employer that has injected life into the now largest and fastest-growing city in eastern Oregon.
- Hermiston’s growing population has allowed the area to thrive; from malls and restaurants to easy-access airports, the city is a wonderful place to establish roots.
- The modern, family-focused community possesses plenty of outdoor activities like golf, horseback riding, fishing, and camping. With the Columbia River and the Umatilla River located nearby, residents enjoy many outdoor water sports as well.
- Good Shepherd Medical Center (GSMC) is a 25 bed, not-for-profit hospital with over 500 employees, including over 40 physicians. The hospital is a Level 3 Trauma Center and is accredited by DNV.
- Boasting state-of-the-art equipment not typically found in smaller hospitals, GSMC is the largest entity in the Good Shepherd Health Care System (GSHCS).
- GSHCS offers complete Medical/Surgical, OB/GYN, Critical Care, Surgery Services, IV Therapy/Oncology, Physical/Speech/Respiratory Therapy, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Pain Management, Sleep Therapy, and Dermatology.
- The National Rural Healthcare Association named Good Shepherd to its 2011 Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals in America list, based on over 50 measures including patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes. Good Shepherd was also named to The Oregonian’s “Top Workplaces in Oregon and Southwestern Washington.”