Join Hilo Medical Center in this innovative opportunity to serve as their new Regional Director of Facilities in beautiful Hilo, Hawaii!
- The Regional Director of Facilities is responsible for the strategic planning, design, direction, and implementation of all construction and renovation projects throughout the facility.
- The Regional Director will oversee the bids and evaluations from architects, engineers, and contractors to ensure that all local and federal codes, certifications, and accreditations are achieved.
- This leader will provide insight on the current development/expansion projects throughout the facility and ensure survey readiness within all protocols/regulations.
- This leader will direct the strategic planning process for future development and will assist with all facility renovations including oversight of estimates, design, and permitting costs to guarantee optimal growth throughout the organization.
- Candidates will ideally bring 4+ years of specialized experience and/or 4+ years of supervisory experience within a facilities/project management setting.
- The Regional Director must display a high level of professionalism with the ability to effectively handle any technical or administrative responsibilities, including efficiently creating positive working relationships with staff, leadership, and the community.
- Seeking a motivated leader who will provide strategic leadership throughout the department and will implement proactive plans for the current and future development throughout the facility.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Serving as the “Big Island’s” leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care, Hilo Medical Center delivers a full range of services and programs.
- Hilo Medical Center is a 20-acre campus consisting of 275-beds located throughout the acute hospital, behavioral health unit and long-term care facility.
- Hilo Medical Center employs a medical staff comprised of 250 community physicians, physician assistants and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses.
- The hospital is a Level III Trauma Center which includes the second busiest emergency room in the state that provides 24-hour care to more than 43,000 patients annually.
- Hilo Medical Center is focused on its community, and strives to achieve respect, mindfulness, integrity, and trust through achieving optimal patient care for the members of the community.
- With over 43,000 members of the community, Hilo, Hawaii offers a diverse and unique culture along with a welcoming downtown that offers shops, art galleries, museums, restaurants and clothing boutiques.
- With an abundance of water sports, such as outrigger canoe paddling, stand up paddle boarding, kayaking and surfing, Hilo is the ideal location for any outdoor enthusiast.
- Surrounded by lush rain forests, waterfalls and majestic mountains, Hilo enjoys tropical weather nearly year-round, with a sprinkling of snow in the winter months.
- While Hilo is a tropical island destination, selected candidate will thrive if comfortable in rural, isolated area, as access to the mainland is limited.