Join a long-term care facility in this hallmark career opportunity, where you'll become the new Superintendent of Soldier's Home, improving the lives of veterans in Western Massachusetts
- The Superintendent serves as a mission-driven leader focused on enhancing the reputation of Soldier’s Home, shifting organizational culture and driving change management
- The Superintendent manages 350 employees and 300 residents, while addressing immediate and long-term goals of the organization with accountability and transformational leadership
- The ideal candidate demonstrates an ability to evaluate staff competencies, build teams, connect with people from military backgrounds, direct major expansion projects and navigate relations with media and boards
- Requires 8+ years in healthcare administration, Master's degree and knowledge of military culture
- Must possess or obtain Nursing Home Administrator license
- Veterans/military background encouraged to apply, but not required for consideration
- Union experience is a plus
- The Soldiers' Home in Holyoke is a state-funded, fully accredited health care facility that offers veterans quality health care, including full-time residential accommodations
- The facility is driven by a mission to provide “Care with Dignity, Honor, and Respect” to our veterans as well as providing educational and social services for those in the Commonwealth
- The Soldiers’ Home is staffed by approximately 350+ administrators, clinicians, nurses, certified nursing assistants, skilled trade, dietary staff, housekeeping staff, contractors, consultants and general administrative personnel
- The tradition of service to the veterans of Massachusetts is surpassed only by a continued commitment to excellence in care for those who are in need now and in the future
- Located in Western Massachusetts, Holyoke is ideally situated to offer easy access to the best of the region; take a trip up to the mountains or hit the slopes at nearby ski resorts.
- Find yourself in a new adventure every week; Holyoke sees all four seasons and has varied terrains all around, making it an ideal place to hike, climb, bike, swim, ski, fish and more.
- Holyoke is a regional hub for shopping since the construction of Holyoke Mall, coming in at 1.6 million square feet, making it one of the largest shopping malls in New England.