Lawrence General Hospital (LGH) is seeking a mission-driven, engaging, and resilient Chief Executive Officer
Lawrence General Hospital (LGH) is seeking a mission-driven, engaging, and resilient Chief Executive Officer to lead an independent, culturally dynamic hospital that is supported by an outstanding and dedicated clinical and support staff.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) reports and is accountable to the Board of Trustees of Lawrence General Hospital (LGH) and has full responsibility for leading LGH and providing the leadership, strategic guidance, and management direction necessary to fulfill the organization’s mission. In collaboration with the Senior Leadership team, the CEO is responsible and accountable for the organization’s strategy, growth, operational excellence, quality of care, and financial performance. The CEO serves as a highly visible leader and strong advocate for LGH within the local community and is expected to execute the strategic plan and implement tactical plans to achieve excellent operating results, ensure financial performance and stability, promote a positive image, enhance community relations, deliver high-quality patient care, advance diversity, equity, and inclusion, and promote philanthropy to achieve an effective and efficient healthcare delivery system.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in healthcare management, with at least five (5) years in a senior-level executive role in a healthcare provider organization.
- The successful candidate will currently be a President/Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, SVP/VP of Operations, or hold another senior executive-level position in a community hospital or health system environment.
- Prior experience within a safety net hospital environment is highly preferred.
- Experience implementing plans to achieve the strategic goals of a community hospital and to monitor organizational performance related to regulatory requirements, quality, health equity, and financial results.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Hospital Administration, Business Administration, or related specialty field (required).
Lawrence General Hospital (LGH) is a leading, non-profit regional medical center offering high-quality, affordable, and equitable care to the Merrimack Valley and Southern New Hampshire. The 186-bed hospital is a Level III trauma center. The organization has grown beyond its main campus at One General Street in the city of Lawrence, and now also includes ambulatory care centers in Andover, North Andover, Methuen, and Salem, New Hampshire. LGH is independent, not-for-profit community health system that provides treatment to all patients, regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics that make patients and employees unique. Although LGH has grown and evolved, the organization has consistently remained true to its mission of meeting the health care needs of the communities it serves. The culture at LGH is a special one!
Lawrence, Massachusetts: Known as the "Immigrant City," Lawrence has always been a multi-ethnic and multicultural gateway city with a high percentage of foreign-born residents. The current population of roughly 80,000 is largely Hispanic and has given a Latino slant to the local economy and culture. As of 2020, 40.9% of Lawrence, MA residents were born outside of the country. In 2020, there were 1.11 times more Other (Hispanic) residents in Lawrence, MA than any other race or ethnicity. Lawrence is approximately 25 miles north of Boston and is only minutes from a major highway known as I-495. Lawrence is located approximately 28 miles southeast of Manchester, the largest city in New Hampshire. The overall community population serviced by LGH totals approximately 350,000. There are many excellent places to reside in Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire that are within 30 minutes of LGH.
Nominations and referrals, as well as resumes from interested candidates, may be sent to:
Executive & Physician Leadership Search, AMN Leadership Solutions