President, Bryan Physician Network
Bryan Health in Lincoln, Nebraska is seeking a dynamic health care executive for the role of President, Bryan Physician Network. This key, highly visible position will have responsibility for the growth and operational performance of one of the largest multispecialty medical groups in Nebraska. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Bryan Medical Center, this leader will be responsible for establishing and guiding the strategic vision of the medical group across the health system.
The President, Bryan Physician Network (BPN) is responsible for the planning, provision, and allocation of the functional resources necessary to carry out the day–to-day operations of the Bryan Physician Network, consistent with organizational policy. The President provides leadership for the development, enhancement and maintenance of Bryan Physician Network. These responsibilities are accomplished by establishing appropriate performance standards, qualifications and expectations and by serving as a member of the Bryan Medical Center Senior Management team and a key leader within Bryan Health System. As a member of the BMC Senior Management team, this executive is responsible for the proper planning and allocation of resources to include the preparation and monitoring of the annual operating budget and objectives consistent with the Bryan Health’s strategic plan.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Master’s degree in health care administration, business administration or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive practice management experience required.
- Experience with a multi-specialty physician group practice strongly preferred.
- Experience within a highly competitive/mature market with transformational leadership on how care is provided through different payment methods.
- Prior experience with electronic health records and use of EMR’s (preferably Epic) to drive the quality agenda.
- Expertise in physician alignment and integration strategies. Overall knowledge of clinic/physician practice management and operations, including revenue and expense management, patient accounting and physician compensation and productivity plans.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large-scale change initiatives successfully. A record of accomplishments in leading physician engagement and practice optimization initiatives.
- Known for creating a culture of accountability, innovation and performance excellence.
- Strong working knowledge of alternative physician compensation systems.
- Successful track record with clinical alignment of physicians and hospitals to grow the clinical enterprise in a manner that is financially viable and beneficial to all parties.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes through influence and demonstrated ability to develop effective physician relationships; effective at achieving goals at a highly matrixed health system operating environment.
Bryan Health (formerly BryanLGH Health System) is a locally-owned and locally-governed not-for-profit healthcare organization located in Lincoln, Nebraska. The health system generates $1.1B+ in net revenue and includes Bryan Medical Center, Kearney Regional Medical Center, Grand Island Regional Medical Center, Crete Area Medical Center, Merrick Medical Center, Bryan Heart, Bryan Physician Network, Bryan Enterprises, Bryan Health Connect and the Bryan Foundation. The health system operates at a healthy margin and has bond ratings of A1 with Moody's and AA-with Fitch. The 'AA–' Issuer Default Rating (IDR) and bond ratings reflect Bryan Health's strong financial position, with capacity to absorb upcoming debt and capital plans at the current rating level, and its solid business profile. The system has a leading and growing market position (70%) as a regional referral center.
Bryan Health employs more than 100 physicians, but the majority (~85%) of the physicians in Lincoln remain independent, in contrast to the growing trend of physician employment across the country. Bryan Health has excellent relationships with independent providers—a differentiator for the system is supporting the independent practice of medicine in Nebraska—and its physician satisfaction scores exceed the 90th percentile.
Bryan Physician Network has 514 employees, 78 physicians, and 92 Advance Practice Providers. Its practices include family medicine, internal medicine, endocrinology, OB/GYN, maternal-fetal medicine, neonatology, neurology, plastic and reconstructive surgery, podiatry, breast surgery, psychiatry, trauma, pain management, palliative care and urgent care.
Bryan Health also has its own Accountable Care Organization (ACO) called Bryan Health Connect and it is the largest ACO presence in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Lincoln is known as the site of the University of Nebraska. As the state capital as well as the second-most populous city in Nebraska it is the economic and cultural anchor of a substantially larger metropolitan area in the southeastern part of the state. It's these factors that have earned the city a ranking as Top 100 Best Places to Live list as well its No. 4 ranking in Forbes’ “Best Places for Business and Careers” and was named the “Happiest City in America” according to the Gallup Well Being Index.