Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a key member of the Executive Team. In this capacity, the CFO is integrally involved in strategic planning and organization wide decision-making for Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital (Hospital). The CFO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CFO will be in a highly visible position within the Hospital and will serve as an advisor to the CEO regarding the Hospital’s financial management. It is expected that this position will participate with leaders of the Board of Directors, Executive Team, management team, and medical staff in planning, promoting, and conducting hospital wide performance improvement activities.
The CFO is responsible for providing the leadership and administration of financial services; directing the organization to achieve its operational and strategic goals in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; and the daily fiscal management and overall financial performance of the Hospital.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Master’s degree in health administration, MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in general accounting principles, personnel management, and coordination of major administrative functions.
- Prior experience as a CFO in a hospital.
- Experience working in safety net hospitals in California strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and evidence of collaborative practice.
- History of successful fiscal outcomes.
- Expertise in healthcare delivery systems and performance improvement.
- Knowledge of TJC, CMS and other federal and state regulatory standards is required.
- Computer savvy and advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital opened in 2015. We recognized we had a unique opportunity: to reinvent the way care is delivered in safety-net communities. Our goal is to provide care equal to that found in more affluent areas and that commitment is reflected in everything we do. From our beautiful, state-of-the-art facilities to our best-in-class technology, systems and operations, to our mission-driven providers from the nation’s leading academic centers, we have established an intentional, quality-driven healthcare culture to address South LA’s most pressing health problems. MLKCH provides maternity, critical and inpatient care via its 131-bed hospital and primary & specialty care in our outpatient doctors’ offices throughout South LA.
Los Angeles isn’t just one city, it’s many. With breathtaking beaches and incredible movie studios, it’s hard not to get lost in all the things you can do. Dining, shopping, great weather, outdoor adventures, major sporting events, everything is available. Los Angeles is the largest city in California by population, and the second largest city in the country by population. There are 88 incorporated cities in L.A. County. The City of Los Angeles is the largest by population and the smallest is Vernon (population 112).
Please direct all inquiries, applications, and referrals to:
About AMN Leadership Solutions, Executive and Physician Leadership Search
AMN Leadership Solutions, Executive and Physician Leadership Search, is a retained executive search firm serving the healthcare and life sciences industries. Ranked as one of the top healthcare recruiting firms in the country, AMN Leadership Solutions, is known for leading healthcare into the future by its growing base of clients across the country, drawing on a national pool of candidates.