Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Operating and Nursing Officer (COO/CNO) is integrally involved in strategic planning and organization-wide decision-making.
- The Chief Operating and Nursing Officer (COO/CNO) is a key member of the Executive Team. In this capacity, the COO/CNO is integrally involved in strategic planning and organization-wide decision-making. The COO/CNO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- The COO/CNO develops and implements the organization’s plan for providing nursing care to patients. This involves developing the organization-wide patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how nursing/patient care is assessed, interventions planned and provided and outcomes evaluated.
- The primary responsibility is for the quality of nursing care and is expanded to other clinical entities, thus, assuring efficient and effective coordination and delivery of patient care services. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of multiple clinical departments in the medical facility to maintain standards of patient care, and advises CEO in matters related to clinical operations.
- This position is responsible for all matters affecting the day-to-day operations of the hospital, as well as in planning for the future, and in establishing community linkages for health improvement. It is expected that this position participates with leaders of the Board of Directors, Executive Team, management team, and medical staff in planning, promoting, and conducting hospital-wide quality assessment and performance improvement activities.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital is a private, nonprofit, safety-net hospital serving 1.3 million residents in South Los Angeles. Our new hospital opened in 2015 through a unique public/private partnership with the County of Los Angeles, the University of California, and other healthcare providers.
- The Board of Directors of Martin Luther King, Jr. – Los Angeles Healthcare Corporation (MLK-LA), which governs and operates the hospital, is committed to establishing an innovative model focused on patient-centered, coordinated care delivery, both inside and beyond the hospital walls.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital is licensed and accredited for 131 beds and provides general acute care.
Further information can be found at: https://www.mlkch.org/home
- Undergraduate nursing degree required. Master’s degree in nursing required.
- Progressive leadership experience with minimum of five to ten years in an operations position; three to five of these years as a Chief Nursing Officer with responsibility for non-nursing clinical departments.
- Experience in a safety net organization preferred.
- California state RN license.
- ANA Certification in Nursing Administration preferred.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.