A California Medical Center is seeking their new Interim Director, Emergency Department!
- The Interim Director, Emergency Department (ED), is responsible for the development and implementation of operational initiatives throughout the department.
- The Interim Director of ED will be responsible for managing 2+ Assistant Nurse Managers and will provide ongoing training, education, and professional development amongst nursing staff within the department.
- Seeking a visible leader with strong emotional intelligence to serve as a vital leadership resource. Additionally, the director must strive to create and foster positive working relationships with staff members and physicians by encouraging collaboration, transparency, and communication.
- Candidates will ideally bring strong nursing and/or leadership experience within a related setting in addition to extensive knowledge pertaining to nursing practices, patient experience, and strategic planning.
- Ideal candidates will be available to start within 2-3 weeks of acceptance.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Active California RN license is required.
- Active BLS certification is required.
- Pay Range: $180,000 - $190,000 annually.
- Final pay rate is dependent upon experience, education, training, and location.
- Los Angeles is a sprawling metropolis in southern California, with the Pacific Ocean to its West and the San Gabriel Mountains to its East.
- With its year-round Mediterranean climate, Los Angeles is the perfect place to get outside and be active - the city offers hiking trails for every level of hiker, exciting mountain biking trails, and miles of beaches offering robust waves and hidden coves.
- The city boasts thriving restaurant and bar scenes with world-famous restaurants owned by iconic chefs like Wolfgang Puck, and speakeasy-themed bars with secret entrances and passwords.
- Sunset Boulevard alone sets corporate skyscrapers next to artsy villages, with cultural marketplaces just a few miles from upscale shopping.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.