Join Martin Luther King Jr Community Hospital in the ‘City of Angels’ as the Director of Med, Surg, Telemetry
- The Director of Med, Surg, and Telemetry is responsible for the clinical practice of nursing and the management of patient care.
- This position reports to the Senior Director of Acute Care Services and will have 24-hour accountability on the units.
- The Director will focus on implementing unit specific quality and performance improvements plans, while modeling leadership and professionalism to the staff.
- They must participate in hospital committees and unit specific multidisciplinary conferences, as well as unit staff meetings.
- Seeking a strong, experienced nursing leader that has a good understanding of the commitment of quality job performance and patient care.
- BSN required; MSN preferred.
- Five years of clinical nursing experience in Med/Surg/Tele with regulatory guidelines and standards of practice.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital opened in 2015. Recognizing they had a unique opportunity to reinvent the way care is delivered in safety-net communities.
- Their goal is to provide care equal to that found in more affluent areas and that commitment is reflected in everything they do.
- From the beautiful, state-of-the-art facilities to the best-in-class technology, systems and operations, to their mission-driven providers from the nation’s leading academic centers, they have established an intentional, quality-driven healthcare culture to address South LA’s most pressing health problems.
- MLKCH provides maternity, critical and inpatient care via its 131-bed hospital and primary & specialty care in our outpatient doctors’ offices throughout South LA.
- Los Angeles is the largest city in California by population, and the second largest city in the country by population. There are 88 incorporated cities in L.A. County. The City of Los Angeles is the largest by population and the smallest is Vernon (population 112).
- Los Angeles isn’t just one city, it’s many. With breathtaking beaches and incredible movie studios, it’s hard not to get lost in all the things you can do.
- Dining, shopping, great weather, outdoor adventures, major sporting events, everything is available.