Non-Profit Gold Seal Approved Illinois Hospital is seeking a Community Pharmacy Director for their cutting edge, new build Pharmacy!
- The Community Pharmacy Director will oversee the newly built pharmacy business line for the McDonough District Hospital including oversite & development of the building.
- The Director will be responsible for the development of the department and professionals while overseeing the daily operations of the pharmacy and pharmacy staff.
- This position will work closely and interact with pharmaceutical representatives, salespeople, physicians, and patients.
- Focusing on developing and growing strong working relationships with referring physicians, APNs, area medical clinics, long term care organizations, and leadership.
- Directly oversees the outpatient and ambulatory care inventory, charges, and revenue.
- Seeking an experienced pharmacist with a strong working knowledge of all policies and procedures of a working pharmacy. This position will be a working pharmacist.
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy program
- Illinois license and registration is required
- Five to ten years of retail pharmacy experience
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of pharmacy leadership experience and possess excellent customer service skills
- McDonough District Hospital (MDH) is the only hospital in McDonough County, Illinois, and is equipped with 48-licensed acute care beds and more than 500 employees.
- MDH is a not-for-profit health care provider and earned the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for quality care.
- Other accreditations include the College of American Pathologists, the American College of Radiology, a Level II Perinatal Center, and designation as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital and “Memory and Aging Network” site for the diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- In February 2020, the hospital added 4,800 square feet of new building space plus 7,200 square feet of renovated space in its Women’s Center. Recent additions also include a 15-bed psych facility in 2015 and a three-floor expansion and renovation for Emergency Services, Behavioral Health, and Rehabilitation Services.
- Macomb, Illinois, is home to Division 1 Western Illinois University and Spoon River College. The province is brimming with activities, with state parks, retail, recreation, agriculture, manufacturing, amusements, and endless scenic landscapes.
- The town provides small town charm as well as access to large metropolitan areas with only a three-hour drive to St. Louis and twice daily Amtrak service to Chicago.
- Macomb is a great place to raise a family, priding itself on strong Midwestern values and an excellent education system.