The Senior Director of Behavioral Health is responsible for the direction and leadership of operational, programmatic and personnel activities for Behavioral Health Services including establishing, meeting and continuously monitoring the goals and objectives to align with UW Health.
- Seeking a collaborative and innovative leader with excellent interpersonal skills to direct strategic and operational service line objectives, budgeting, financial management, and human resource management within UW Health System.
- This leader will provide best-in-class emerging trends and best practices to integrate them into the behavioral health service line at UW Health. They will also demonstrate achievable and measurable results and develop action plans for improvement.
- This role requires strong communication skills to maintain coordination with physicians, academic department leaders, and senior administrators across UW Health. This ensures seamless collaboration with other programs and promotes a patient-centered approach to care.
- This leader oversees the complex interdepartmental and interdisciplinary relationships necessary to ensure collaboration and effective, efficient operations within UW Health's behavioral health service line.
- This leader is responsible for creating and maintaining a positive work environment that fosters professional growth and promotes the delivery of best-in-class care for all members of the healthcare team, agency partners, patients, and their families.
- This leader will prioritize efficiently and delegate tasks effectively to ensure timely completion of objectives.
- Contributes to a positive learning environment by providing educational resources and research experiences to students, residents, fellows, and faculty.
- Collaborates with pertinent UW School of Medicine and Public Health clinical department representatives to facilitate physician faculty linkages and support academic pursuits.
- Master’s degree in nursing, Business Administration, or Healthcare related field required. Preference on individuals that present with PhD, PsyD, LMFT, LCSW, LPC, and or MPh.
- Relocation to Madison, Wisconsin required to be onsite for this opportunity.
- UW Health is part of a long UW-Madison tradition of excellence and innovation in the health sciences. From the first premedical "Special Science" course offered in 1887 through the opening in 1924 of Wisconsin General Hospital and the establishment in 1925 of a full four-year medical degree program at the university, UW physicians and researchers have pursued their fourfold mission with vision and vigor.
- Over the years, they have achieved numerous breakthroughs in medicine and health care. Their discoveries have helped extend the lives of people throughout the nation and the world.
- UW Health is the integrated health system of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, caring for more than 650,000 unique patient lives each year with 1,750 employed physicians and 17,000 employees at seven hospitals and 89 clinic locations.
- UW Health is governed by the UW Hospitals and Clinics Authority and partners with the UW School of Medicine and Public Health to fulfill its patient care, research education and community services missions.
- The 1,750 faculty of the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health engage in research, education and clinical care at locations throughout the UW Health system.
- Madison, Wisconsin residents enjoy many attractions and activities including sporting events, art galleries, and museums, performing arts centers and great shopping and dining.
- This scenic state capital is located near numerous lakes and protected parks, offering access to pristine fishing opportunities and miles of hiking and biking trails.
- Take advantage of the Dane County Farmers' Market, the largest producer-only farmers' market in the country, on Saturday mornings in the summer, or free concerts performed by the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra’s every week.
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Chicago, Illinois are both easily accessible, offering endless entertainment options.