A Vermont Medical Center is looking for an Interim Director of Perioperative Services to join their team
- The Interim Director of Perioperative Services will be responsible for the oversight and day-to-day operations of a 6-bed OR unit.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, this leader will oversee a team of 12 FTEs.
- This leader will be tasked with improving turnover times, help manage inventory by assessing processes. They will also work on team building initiatives, mentoring, and motivating staff for future leadership roles. Lastly, this leader will work to instill company culture, and help foster trust.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong, visible leader, who is comfortable in the OR. Must have confidence and credibility backed by clinical skills. High emotional intelligence and ability to gain trust quickly will be critical.
- Must be available to start within 2-3 weeks of acceptance.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Active RN required.
- Covid-19 and boosters required.
- Located just minutes from the two largest cities in Vermont, Berlin is a popular commercial business district.
- Of all the Berlins in the United States, Berlin, VT is the second oldest making it a wealth of history.
- Berlin contains many of the area’s national chain stores as well as the third largest shopping mall in all of Vermont.
- From beautiful fall foliage to hiking/cross country ski trails there are outdoor activities for everyone in the brisk mountain locale.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.