Amazing opportunity to be the Director of ICU and Resource Pool with Samaritan Healthcare in beautiful Washington state!
- The Director of ICU and Resource Pool will be responsible for the overall operation of the Special Care Unit (SCU) Department clinical patient care area, patient population, and assigned staff.
- This position reports to the Vice President of Nursing and the Chief Nursing Officer while working closely with the SCU Department staff, medical staff, and all nursing departments to provide quality patient care service.
- Focusing on managing the budget in a responsible and cost-efficient manner, as well as identifying unit resources and needs; develops, allocates, administers, and evaluates the unit budget.
- The Director provides 24-hour patient care services that are safe, effective, and patient-focused.
- Seeking an experienced leader, collaborative leader.
- Current Washington State RN license.
- BSN required or equivalent experience. MSN preferred or MS in Business or Healthcare Administration.
- Three years’ experience in clinical area relevant to unit patient population.
- Certification in clinical area of expertise preferred.
- Samaritan Healthcare is a multifaceted health care organization located in Moses Lake, Washington.
- Organized as Grant County Public Hospital District No.1 in 1947, Samaritan is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of the people of the Columbia Basin
- In 2002 the organization went through a major expansion and modernization project which added 60,000 square feet of new space and modernized another 60,000 square feet.
- These improvements have resulted in a virtually new facility featuring single-bed rooms, a completely new Intensive Care Unit, a new Mother and Baby Center, new cafeteria, lobby and expanded patient and family waiting areas.
- Samaritan Healthcare has been rated by CMS a 4-star accredited hospital and is a founding member of the Grand Columbia Health Alliance.
- One of the fastest growing areas in Washington, Moses Lake and the surrounding area including the City of Warden offers a variety of affordable housing from new suburban-style developments to family farms.
- Known as the Desert Oasis, Moses Lake and the surrounding area of Grant County is located in the heart of the Columbia Basin in Central Washington. With a Service Area Population of 54,000 people, livable is best way to describe the community.
- Fishing, waterskiing, canoeing, and kayaking are some of the activities available without leaving the city limits. Moses Lake also has a large community Aquatic Center. Other recreational activities in the area include biking, ice-skating, hunting, and snow skiing.
- Moderate four-season climate weather pattern with average minimum December temperatures of 23 degrees and average summer maximum of 87 degrees and 300 plus days of sunshine makes for comfortable living.