Oversee clinical learning and development as the Director of Education with Samaritan Healthcare in beautiful Washington State!
- The Director of Education will play a pivotal role in crafting, advancing, and overseeing healthcare education programs tailored for professionals within Samaritan Healthcare. This encompasses the meticulous management of programs to ensure alignment with industry standards, regulations, and the implementation of best practices.
- This position will report to the Chief Human Resource Officer and will work closely with Department Leaders and Senior Leadership.
- This leader will offer strategic guidance and foster a forward-thinking approach. Key areas of focus include enhancing professional development, refining leadership onboarding processes, implementing succession planning, ensuring compliance with DNV certification standards, and improving the efficacy of competency checklist training.
- Ideal candidates should possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrating proficiency in collaborating with stakeholders and fostering effective working relationships. Essential qualifications include a strong clinical knowledge base, proficiency in HealthStream, and a beneficial background in LEAN and Magnet practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Training and Development or related field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in related field a plus.
- Must possess a minimum of five or more years’ experience, developing, facilitating and/or presenting educational programs.
- Samaritan Healthcare is a multifaceted healthcare organization located in Moses Lake, Washington.
- Organized as Grant County Public Hospital District No.1 in 1947, Samaritan is committed to improving the health and well-being of the people of the Columbia Basin
- In 2002 the organization went through a major expansion and modernization project which added 60,000 square feet of new space and modernized another 60,000 square feet.
- These improvements have resulted in a virtually new facility featuring single-bed rooms, a completely new Intensive Care Unit, a new Mother and Baby Center, a new cafeteria, a lobby, and expanded patient and family waiting areas.
- Samaritan Healthcare has been rated by CMS a 4-star accredited hospital and is a founding member of the Grand Columbia Health Alliance.
- One of the fastest growing areas in Washington, Moses Lake and the surrounding area including the City of Warden offers a variety of affordable housing from new suburban-style developments to family farms.
- Known as the Desert Oasis, Moses Lake and the surrounding area of Grant County is located in the heart of the Columbia Basin in Central Washington. With a Service Area Population of 54,000 people, livable is best way to describe the community.
- Fishing, waterskiing, canoeing, and kayaking are some of the activities available without leaving the city limits. Moses Lake also has a large community Aquatic Center. Other recreational activities in the area include biking, ice-skating, hunting, and snow skiing.
- Moderate four-season climate weather pattern with average minimum December temperatures of 23 degrees and average summer maximum of 87 degrees and 300 plus days of sunshine makes for comfortable living.