Join a faith-based healthcare provider as the next Director of Surgical Services in Nashville, Tennessee
- The Director of Surgical Services will report to the hospital’s Chief Operating Officer, and oversees the span of surgical areas including 16 Operating Rooms, PACU, pre-/post-op, Sterile Processing, Cath Lab and GI lab
- Supported by four managers, the Director of Surgical Services will improve key metrics including first case on-time starts, block utilization and physician satisfaction
- Strengthen communication with staff and physicians to build trust, evolve beyond the status quo and address difficult topics in a team-oriented manner
- Assess resources and staffing to best meet department needs and prioritize patient care
- Partner with Sterile Processing to enhance team training and refocus accountability
- Serve as a key resource in attaining organizational goals such as Level II Trauma Center designation
- Must be committed to the mission and values of a faith-based healthcare organization
- Previous surgical leadership experience and BSN degree are required: Master’s preferred
- As a member of Ascension Health, Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital is part of the largest Catholic, mission-driven, not-for-profit health care system in the United States.
- Recognized as a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and a Certified Chest Pain Center, Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford is a 358-bed hospital with more than 200 physicians on its medical staff that sees 90,000+ Emergency Department visits per year.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford completed an expansion in 2020 that added close to 100,000-square-feet and a three-story tower. Additionally, a new $268 million facility was opened in 2010 that is equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- Murfreesboro, Tennessee, is the largest suburb in the Nashville metropolitan area, located approximately 35 miles from downtown Nashville.
- Ranked by Money as 2018’s 19th best place to live in the United States, Murfreesboro offers excellent schools, a vibrant downtown, top-notch parks and Greenway system, Southern charm, and a low cost of living.
- Right down the road, Nashville boasts world-class entertainment including incomparable live music, great food, and a plethora of shopping.
- Nashville is also home to the Tennessee Titans professional football team, the Nashville Predators professional ice hockey team, and several prominent Civil War battleground sites within close proximity to the city.