Seeking an Experienced Risk and Patient Safety Leader to Become the Clinical Risk Manager/Patient Safety Officer at Nashville General Hospital in “Music City”!
- The Clinical Risk Manager/Patient Safety Officer is responsible for facilitating the transition from a retrospective, reactive model for risk management to a prospective, proactive loss prevention, patient safety program consistent with a high reliability organization.
- Manages the operation of the organization-wide Risk Management and Patient Safety programs and provides guidance to hospital staff and leaders.
- Oversees and maintains systems within the organization to ensure prevention of patient adverse events, malpractice claims, incident reports and other indicators of potential patient harm.
- Lean and project management experience preferred.
- 3+ years clinical experience in an acute care hospital setting required.
- RN license preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field required; Masters preparation and related clinical experience highly preferred.
- Nashville General Hospital (NGH) is Nashville’s original community- based hospital. Joint Commission accredited, NGH readily accommodates a wide range of needs from emergency services and acute care to ancillary and ambulatory services.
- The 150-bed hospital is clinically and academically affiliated with Meharry Medical College.
- The hospital is committed to quality, providing an array of sophisticated healthcare services with state-of-the-art technology and is currently using the Baldridge framework for performance excellence.
- Nashville is the capital and most populous city of the U.S. state of Tennessee, ranking #24 in the U.S. population.
- Nashville, one of the finest cities of the South, offers world-class entertainment including incomparable live music, great food, and a plethora of shopping.
- Nashville is home to Vanderbilt University and offers year-round cultural and music festivals and annual celebrations.
- The city is also home to the Tennessee Titans professional football team, the Nashville Predators professional ice hockey team and several prominent Civil War battleground sites are within close proximity to the city.