Join Connecticut’s prestigious healthcare organization, Yale Health, and oversee Internal Med operations as the Associate Chief of Internal Medicine!
- The Associate Chief of Internal Medicine will lead a multidisciplinary team of providers in providing clinic-based patient care to Yale Health’s adult patients while promoting and supporting the goals and objectives of Yale Health.
- Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, this leader will oversee a team of nine direct reports and eight FTEs.
- Demonstrate commitment to the welfare of Yale Health patients and the department. Provide care for a panel of patients and consultation or backup for team and departmental colleagues; demonstrate flexibility to meet changing clinical demands. Regularly attend and participate in department meetings and committee assignments; Meet regularly with Department Chief and Manager.
- Responsible for both clinical and administrative duties. Internal medicine primary care clinical with 70%-time commitment. Administrative clinical leadership of the internal medicine primary care practice with a 30%-time commitment.
- Ideal candidates will be strong, visible, collaborative leaders. Must be capable of leading with a positive attitude and be willing to mentor/coach staff. Demonstrated Clinical Operations or Practice Management leadership experience.
- MD or DO required.
- Holds or is eligible to hold a CT Medical License, Holds or is eligible to hold a CT Controlled Substance Registration, Federal DEA Registration, Board Certification/board eligible, Qualifies for hospital and faculty appointments.
- Board certification or board eligible in Internal or Family Medicine preferred.
- In 1971, Yale University became one of the first universities in the U.S. to provide health care services to its faculty, staff, and students through a multidisciplinary health maintenance organization (HMO) located on campus.
- Today, Yale Health serves more than 40,000 members of the Yale community and their families.
- This 144,000 square-foot state of the art medical facility is the home of our more than 150 health care providers, including 111 primary and consulting physicians, 90 exam rooms; a 24/7 Acute Care Department staffed continually by a physician and registered nurses; an 18-bed inpatient facility with two negative pressure rooms; a diagnostic imaging suite including MRI, CT scan, x-ray, and ultrasound; and a full-service retail pharmacy.
- Yale Health promotes the health and well-being of every member of the Yale community, so that each individual can achieve their highest goals and aspirations. Providing consistently outstanding care, compassionate, patient-centered service and innovative practices is our promise to our members and Yale University.
- There is something for everyone in the New Haven area. Whether you’re a resident looking to discover new parts of the region for the first time, or a first-time visitor hoping to fit the “best of” into a day, weekend, week or longer, you can’t go wrong. It’s all waiting for you.
- If you are looking for something to float your boat, New Haven has some great options for exploring Long Island Sound and the shoreline. Two public boat tours (approximately 45 minutes) are available to view the Thimble Islands off the coast of Branford and there are several companies offering private charters. You can also take a more hands-on approach through a kayak rental.
- Sundown serves up a whole new side of Greater New Haven. New Haven’s downtown pulses with life with entertainment for all ages and tastes. College Street Music Hall has joined Toad’s Place, Café Nine and Firehouse 12 as the core of the music scene.
- Home to Yale University, New Haven offers all the benefits of being a college town including collegiate sporting events, arts performances and much more.
- The arts in Greater New Haven range from world-class to the downright quirky, and you’re sure love it all. As the home of Yale University, New Haven has access (often free thanks to the generosity of alumni and other donors) to collections selected from literally millions of paintings, sculptures, coins, books and manuscripts.
- Located directly on the shoreline, New Haven residents enjoy a small town feel with direct access to many beaches, while only being 45 minutes south of Hartford with easy train access to Boston and New York.