Serve as the Executive Director of Perioperative Services at a Facility Ranked as One of the Best Hospitals in Northern New Jersey—University Hospital!
- The Executive Director of Perioperative Services will be responsible for strategically developing, and implementing clinical activities within the Perioperative Services department, consisting of 17 ORs.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, this leader will oversee a team of approximately ten direct reports.
- This leader will work to provide direction, and oversight for the business operations. and fiscal management of the department. They will also assist in the planning, designing, and opening of a new surgical suite. Other duties include working to revamp the supply chain/materials management database, standardization of contracts, and decrease OR supply chain costs.
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to function at a high level, in a complex union environment, and bring a strong understanding of OR operations, throughput, and quality.
- Must be capable of building effective working relationships with all levels of staff, and serve as a hands-on, mentoring leader.
- BSN degree required; Master’s degree required in relevant field.
- Active NJ RN license required.
- Must bring 8+ years of progressive nursing experience, in addition to 3+ years of management experience.
- University Hospital is a separate, independent medical center with 519 licensed beds, an active medical staff of more than 600, and more than 3,100 employees.
- The organization is home to northern New Jersey’s Level I Trauma Center and to specialty programs such as the Center for Liver Diseases and the Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- University Hospital is a principal teaching hospital for Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences and a regional resource for specialized services and critical care.
- For the first time, University Hospital, located in Newark, New Jersey, was designated as one of Newsweek's Best Maternity Care Hospitals 2021. This distinction, which recognizes hospitals that have excelled in providing quality care to mothers, newborns, and their families, as measured in part by the 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Survey, is part of Newsweek's Best Health Care series and powered by data from The Leapfrog Group.
- As one of Newark’s largest employers, University Hospital plays a key role in the city’s economic and cultural renaissance.
- University Hospital ranks among the Best Hospitals in Northern New Jersey and the New York Metropolitan area, according to Best Hospitals rankings, published by U.S. News & World Report. University Hospital is also recognized for "high performance" in the clinical specialty of Nephrology.
- Newark, New Jersey, is divided into five geographical wards, and contains neighborhoods ranging in character from bustling urban districts to quiet suburban enclaves.
- The metropolis offers a wide range of attractions including museums, parks, eateries, and New Jersey Performing Arts Center, one of the country’s largest and most glamorous performing arts venues.
- From great museums, scenic parks and excellent restaurants to sports, theater and music, Newark offers plenty to see and do.
- Newark is located just eight miles from the bustling metropolis of Manhattan, New York.