Join a growing Mental Health Services team – located in Norfolk, Virginia – as the first Director of Nursing for Behavioral Health and Psychiatric Services!
- As Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughter’s (CHKD) embarks on an extensive expansion of their Mental Health Services offering, they are seeking a seasoned and inspired Director of Nursing for Behavioral Health and Psychiatric Services to lead and oversee the new acute inpatient mental health units.
- Working hand in hand with the VP of Patient Care Services/CNO and capable staff, your primary focus will be to ensure successful service line development, management, and growth while promoting a collaborate and evidence-based nursing practice and culture.
- MSN required (or currently enrolled); MSN may be substituted with a Master’s in Business Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, or related field, provided the candidate also possesses a BSN.
- 5+ years of progressive psychiatric leadership experience + pediatric experience highly preferred
- Must possess active Virginia or Compact RN license
- Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters (CHKD) – part of The King’s Daughter’s Health System – is the preferred provider of quality children’s health services in the region, providing hospitalization, ongoing care for chronic illness, outpatient surgery, and primary care.
- CHKD is a 206-bed teaching hospital with special units for neonatal and pediatric intensive care, cancer care, acute inpatient rehabilitation, medical and surgical care, and transitional care.
- As a freestanding, full-service children's hospital, every inch of the facility and all its members are devoted exclusively to the needs of young people, and patients benefit from the full range of pediatric specialists and support services available only at freestanding children's hospitals.
- The hospital is planning to break ground on a new, 60-bed mental health facility in the fall (2023 opening), with a focus on behavioral health and psychiatric services.
- Norfolk, Virginia sits along the Chesapeake Bay, with seven miles of beaches! Visitors can enjoy strolling along sandy shores hunting for shells or getting out on the water with one of the many Harbor Cruises offering stunning views of the city.
- Travel + Leisure voted Norfolk one of America’s Favorite Places for 2016 and one of the Top 50 Places to Travel in 2017.
- The city has a thriving arts community, with new studios and galleries popping up all down the streets of the NEON Arts District.