Become a part of an award-winning hospital as the new Director of Emergency Department
- The Director of Emergency Services is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Emergency Department’s objectives that address goals and clinical practices.
- This position will report to the Chief Nursing Officer while building collaborative relationships with the inpatient units and the emergency medical services team.
- This is a fully staffed department that has a great working relationship with physicians and has a strong newly hired manager. The department has all the building blocks of success, seeking someone to put them together and go forward.
- The Emergency Department (ED) consists of 27 beds including six beds in the psych evaluation center and adding four more soon. This is not a trauma designated ED. The department sees 33,000 visits per year.
- The Director will be a cultural change agent for the department and staff within this family-oriented organization.
- The Emergency Department has been newly refreshed while a new ED building is projected to be completed in the upcoming years.
- Seeking a hands-on, experienced leader that can mentor new graduates and be a team player. Behavioral Health experience as well as emergency department leadership experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- CHI Health Immanuel is a 177-bed full-service hospital, Cancer Center, Rehabilitation Center, Specialty Spine Hospital, and more. For well over a century, their commitment to serve the community inspires staff to provide the highest quality of care to all.
- CHI Health Immanuel is certified as an Advanced Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center by The Joint Commission as well as having achieved Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 14 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities, more than 150 employed physician practice locations, and more than 12,000 employees in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa.
- CHI Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
- Omaha, Nebraska is a safe, family-oriented community with excellent schools and a downtown convention center and arena which attracts major NCAA events such as the College World Series.
- The Omaha riverfront and downtown area have experienced tremendous growth with over two billion dollars in new development. A one-of-a-kind pedestrian bridge curves its way across the Missouri River, the signature bridge, is one of the longest pedestrian bridge projects ever constructed, giving Omaha visitors a breathtaking view of the ever-changing skyline.
- The 42nd largest city in the United States, the metropolitan area is home to over 900,000 people who welcome visitors with open arms and authentic Midwestern hospitality.
- Residents of Omaha enjoy great dining, shopping, and entertainment in the Old Market area as well as the famous Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium.
- Affordability and a strong economy attract young professionals, while safety, a plethora of education options and family-friendly activities appeal to those with kids.