Health System seeking Interim Director of Facilities
- The Interim Director of Facilities will oversee the Facilities Engineering and Maintenance, Building Life Safety, New Construction, and Renovation planning for the organization.
- Proactive participation in strategic planning with focus on project management skills, analytic ability, sound judgment and strong operational focus.
- Designs, implements and maintains processes and documentation to ensure compliance with Joint Commission Utility Management, Environment of care and Life Safety standards as well as other regulatory requirements.
- Seeking an experienced leader, with a background in successfully managing and implementing large scale projects with multiple stakeholders and demonstrated mentoring and conflict resolution skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred or minimum of five years in a director level position within engineering, maintenance, and construction for a Healthcare Facility Planning or related field.
- MA Construction Supervisor License, or Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) preferred.
- Previous healthcare experience required.
- Pittsfield, Massachusetts, is within the heart of The Berkshires region, which is home to a myriad of art, theatre, dance, music, film, and historic sites.
- Get lost in a crossroads of culinary culture – Berkshire features a number of orchards, farms, restaurants, specialty markets, wineries and breweries.
- Visit lakes, go skiing, discover horseback riding or learn violin – there’s something for everyone in The Berkshires of Massachusetts.
- Nearby cities within driving distance include Albany (1 hour), Boston (2.5 hours), Hartford (1 hour) and New York City (3 hours).
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.