Seeking a Director of Facilities for Berkshire Health Systems, known for its award-winning care and world-class technology in the scenic Berkshires!
- The Director of Facilities will oversee Facilities Engineering and Maintenance, Building Life Safety, as well as New Construction and Renovation Project Planning Management for Berkshire Medical Center and all other BHS-owned locations.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Support Services, this leader will oversee two direct reports and 30 FTEs.
- This leader will diligently enhance the current Work Order System by instituting streamlined processes to automate work order requests. Moreover, they will develop and execute a comprehensive Capital Improvements plan, meticulously documenting equipment maintenance and ensuring timely replacements when needed. Lastly, they will assume the role of mentor, providing invaluable educational guidance to staff on best practices and fostering their growth for future leadership positions.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced and collaborative leader, capable of serving as a role model/mentor. The ability to think strategically and creatively will be key; they must have a vision for the future and not be afraid to take calculated risks. A minimum of five years of progressively responsible healthcare facilities leadership experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field is preferred.
- Unrestricted Construction Supervisor License or Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) is preferred.
- Previous experience working in the healthcare industry is required.
- Berkshire Healthcare Systems is a mission-driven, not-for-profit, consumer-centered senior housing and healthcare organization committed to meeting the health care and residential needs of the population in the communities it serves.
- Headquartered in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, in the heart of the beautiful Berkshires, BHS serves the region through a network of affiliates which include Berkshire Medical Center, the BMC Hillcrest Campus, the North Adams Campus of BMC, Fairview Hospital, Berkshire Visiting Nurse Association, and BMC and Fairview physician practices.
- With award-winning programs, nationally recognized physicians, world-class technology and a sincere commitment to the community, BHS is delivering the kind of advanced healthcare most commonly found in large metropolitan centers.
- Every year, Berkshire Health Systems and its employees contribute to the health and well-being of our community, often through efforts that take place out of the public view, but nevertheless have a significant impact on the entire community. A core part of the BHS mission is to provide the highest quality healthcare services available, while also investing in the community.
- Pittsfield, Massachusetts, is within the heart of The Berkshires region, which is home to a myriad of art, theatre, dance, music, film, and historic sites.
- Get lost in a crossroads of culinary culture – Berkshire features a number of orchards, farms, restaurants, specialty markets, wineries and breweries.
- Visit lakes, go skiing, discover horseback riding or learn violin – there’s something for everyone in The Berkshires of Massachusetts.
- Nearby cities within driving distance include Albany (1 hour), Boston (2.5 hours), Hartford (1 hour) and New York City (3 hours).