Children’s Health of Plano is searching for a new Director of Engineering to help break ground in a large-scale expansion project!
- The Director of Engineering for the Northern Market will be responsible for the development, execution, and administration of all engineering responsibilities on the Plano campus with the Children’s Health organization.
- This leader will oversee all department operations including planning and organization of training, development of budgets, goals and objectives for the department and staff, and collaboration with peer Directors.
- Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Facilities Operations, the Director of Engineering will oversee a team of ~20 FTEs including mid-level leaders.
- The Director will also play a large role in leading and supporting the construction of a brand-new tower within the Plano Hospital, ensuring all building codes, standards, regulations are being met and keeping the project timeline on track.
- The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, a problem solver and have exceptional critical analysis skills. They should be subject matter experts in the realm of building codes in relation to Joint Commission standards and Environmental regulations. Looking for someone with tremendous communication skills and people leading experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in facilities management and/or operations in a healthcare environment is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field. CHFM certification is required.
- Children’s Health, a not-for-profit hospital system with two full-service hospitals licensed for 610 beds and four outpatient centers, is one of the largest and top-ranked pediatric hospitals in the United States.
- For more than 100 years, CHST mission has been to make life better for children. The organization has a long-standing commitment to their community that includes not only high-quality patient care but also advocacy, education, and preventive care.
- Children’s Health has held the AANC Magnet® designation for nursing excellence since 2009. They are nationally ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties byU.S. News & World Report, serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility forUniversity of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and are recognized for quality care in every specialty.
- Children’s Health provides treatment for the full range of healthcare issues including advanced comprehensive treatment for the most acute and complex cases such as heart disease, cancer, and cystic fibrosis.
- Children’s Health has been named for nine consecutive years as one of the 150 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Reviews and they have been ranked #26 on the Best Health Care Companies to Work for in Texas.
- Discover the active city of Plano, Texas by strolling through historic downtown, catching a concert, or exploring museums and parks.
- The lively community offers ethnic festivals, arts and crafts fairs, exciting theatre, and sporting events year-round.
- Plano is located a mere 20 miles from downtown Dallas.
- The area offers a low cost of living, business friendly climates, and high-quality education.