Magnet-Designated Hospital on New York Waterfront Seeking Visible Perioperative Director to Lead Ten Operating Rooms and Multiple Units!
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the Perioperative Director serves as a key leader on Mather Hospital’s Surgical Management Team and provides operational oversight to all clinical areas within Perioperative Services, with the assistance of 3 Managers and 1 Educator.
- Oversight areas include ten Operating Rooms, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Endoscopy, Pre-Surgical Testing, Ambulatory Surgery Unit, Pain Management Unit, and Sterile Processing Department.
- This collaborative leader will partner closely with physicians, anesthesia, and system and hospital leadership to drive patient outcomes, build employee engagement, and streamline departmental processes.
- Must bring 5+ years of progressive perioperative nursing leadership experience in a hospital setting.
- Master’s degree and either a BSN or MSN required.
- Active nursing license required and can works towards obtaining a New York license.
- AORN, BLS, and ACLS certifications required.
- Mather Hospital, a member of Northwell Health, is an accredited 248-bed, non-profit community teaching hospital.
- Mather Hospital earned its 15th top ‘A’ rating from The Leapfrog Group for its efforts in protecting patients and meeting the highest safety standards in the U.S.
- One of only 471 hospitals worldwide to be recognized as a Magnet® designated hospital, Mather Hospital solidified its position as a leader in nursing excellence by earning this recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2013, and again in 2018.
- Mather was listed 21st out of almost 250 hospitals in New York State in U.S. News & World Report’s annual Best Hospitals rankings.
- Port Jefferson lies on the North Shore of Long Island in New York state, roughly 1.5 hours from New York City by car.
- Today, Port Jefferson is widely known as a popular tourist spot in Suffolk County, as well as a transport hub thanks to the Bridgeport and Port Jefferson Steamboat Company, which takes hundreds of passengers to and from Connecticut each day.
- What makes Port Jefferson so popular is not just its beautiful waterfront views, but also the accessibility of the shops, restaurants, and resources in the town.
- It is home to Long Island’s premiere hands-on constructivist science museum for children, and it also has lots of areas to explore and outdoor activities for kids.
- Port Jeff is busiest in the summer, but it also draws many tourists for unique events like the Charles Dickens Festival, which is held every December.