Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, MaineHealth, and the Board, NorDx, the President, NorDx will provide strategic leadership that the organization needs to ensure its ongoing growth and success which contributes to the overall success of MaineHealth. The President will have responsibility for all areas of operation and provide leadership to all of the NorDx Laboratory system. The President will focus on developing innovative programs and business partnerships, and on advocacy for regulations and reimbursement that is beneficial to laboratory services. This role will be responsible for developing new programs that will diversify and enhance revenue sources, strategic planning, business development, financial management and profitability. The President will foster a results-oriented internal environment that responds quickly to take advantage of opportunities in the changing marketplace.
NorDx is a not-for-profit clinical laboratory based in Scarborough, Maine. NorDx is a member of MaineHealth, a recognized leader in New England and Maine’s largest integrated health system.
NorDx’s main lab in Scarborough is a technologically advanced facility and helps make NorDx one of the largest, most sophisticated state-of-the-art laboratories in the Northeast. The facility covers 46,000 square feet and consists of high-tech instrumentation equipped with robotics. However, it is the expertise, professionalism, and the highest caliber of personnel that is behind each and every test that differentiates NorDx from its competitors. The core lab staff totals 175 employees, and the total staff in the core lab and the hospital labs combined total more than 700 workers. NorDx team processes more than five million billable tests every year. Collectively, the 12 hospital laboratories run about three million tests annually.
In addition to the primary lab site, NorDx manages the staff and laboratories in 12 hospitals including Maine Medical Center, a nationally recognized and award winning 637-bed tertiary teaching facility and research institution. NorDx has nearly 650 client sites, including nursing homes, clinics, and provider organizations throughout the region. Today, NorDx has 9 Patient Service Centers throughout Maine and New Hampshire that add to the breadth and depth to the ability to deliver affordable services and enhance access to physicians and patients alike. With annual revenues exceeding $135 million in FY2021, NorDx is among the country’s most successful and efficient laboratories. In FY2021, NorDx had a total net income of $40M.
- Undergraduate degree and a Master’s degree in business administration, nursing, public health, and/or health services administration.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive experience in healthcare/laboratory management within a highly complex and large multi-facility environment is strongly required.
- Experience overseeing a large, multi-site laboratory service. Candidates with experience in a commercial lab and/or in a lab within an integrated delivery network will be considered. Must have the ability to successfully navigate a complex, multi-hospital integrated healthcare delivery system.
- Experience in leading a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills; has a calm, confident, visible, and empowering leadership style.
- An energetic leader who is able to build trusting, collaborative, and effective relationships with key stakeholders and is able to effectively represent NorDx in all settings.
- Track record of navigating complex, matrixed environment.
- Visionary, strategic, forward-thinking, and knowledgeable of trends in laboratory industry.
- A positive change agent, one that is reassuring to staff during a time of significant change.
- Visible, approachable, highly engaged leader with the ability to inspire, challenge, and motivate others to achieve common goals; the ability to gain trust, credibility, loyalty, and respect.