Reid Health, a non-profit, independent, high-quality health system based in Richmond, Indiana, with $595 million in net revenue, is seeking a Vice President/Chief Financial Officer (VP/CFO). This is an outstanding opportunity for an excellent healthcare finance leader to join a high-performing, dynamic, quality-focused independent provider organization.
The VP/CFO is a key member of Reid Health’s senior leadership team and reports directly to the President/CEO, Mr. Craig Kinyon. He/she collaborates with the organization’s physicians/providers, clinical and administrative leaders to drive achievement of Reid Health’s mission, vision, values, and strategic goals. The VP/CFO provides executive leadership assuring the financial management of Reid Health [Reid Health Hospital (RHH) and Reid Health Physician Associates (RHPA)], including the development of its financial framework, key performance metrics tied to the system’s strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to actively manage and preserve system assets, effectively manage the revenue cycle, and provide accurate and timely financial reporting.
The VP/CFO is responsible for the development, interpretation, coordination, and administration of Reid Health’s policies for financial operations. He/she is responsible for the maintenance of records and procedures required to adequately safeguard the assets of the organization and ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of periodic financial statements and exhibits for Reid Health, RHH and RHPA. The VP/CFO participates in strategic planning and financial planning activities to ensure their compatibility with Reid Health’s financial capacity and financial performance objectives.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in healthcare finance, business, or relevant field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required.
- A graduate degree in healthcare finance, business, or relevant field is strongly preferred.
- This position requires 15 years of healthcare finance experience, with at least five years of senior leadership in finance in a hospital/health system organization.
- Experience within a community-based health care environment with high governmental payer mix and/or track record of managing successfully in a financially stressed environment is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in treasury and capital market activities, including debt issuance, banking relationships, and rating agency interactions is preferred.
- Track record in healthcare finance, including hospital and medical group reimbursement, revenue cycle management, managed care contracting, financial planning and analysis, operational finance, and compliance.
- Managed care contracting experience is required. Must also have demonstrated experience with value-based care models (including Medicare Advantage) and managing risk within a healthcare environment.
- Experience managing finances of an employed medical group is required.
- Strong experience with healthcare revenue cycle principles and functions.
- Must possess a “contemporary” perspective on the financial function.
Reid Health is an independent, innovative health system that offers a complex array of services, including open-heart surgery, cancer care, and orthopedics. The organization has been delivering health care to the community since 1905 and has been on the cutting edge of managing population health for communities throughout its history. Governed by a 20-member Board of Directors that includes 4 employed physicians and multiple Board committees with membership of Board members and Community members. Reid Health is known for going the extra mile (GEM) to ensure patients and families are made to feel as comfortable and cherished as possible, whether on the main campus or at one of the numerous satellite facilities in the region of Indiana and Ohio it serves.
Reid Health includes Reid Health Hospital, 208-bed hospital on the main campus in Richmond, Indiana; an Emergency Department with outpatient services in Connersville, Indiana; and numerous Reid Health Physician Associates satellite locations in the region of East-Central Indiana and West-Central Ohio. The main Reid Health facility in Richmond sits in a park-like campus of about 100 acres, creating a healing environment for patients, families, and employees. Reid Health has a service area that is home to about 280,000 people and includes six counties in Indiana and two counties in Ohio. In FY 2023, Reid Health had about 11,829 admissions, 63,675 emergency department visits, 4,045 inpatient surgery cases, and 10,717 outpatient surgery cases. Total net operating revenue for Reid Health is approximately $595 million.
Richmond is a city in East-Central Indiana and borders on the state of Ohio in the Dayton Metropolitan Area. It is the county seat of Wayne County and has a population of more than 35,000 people. Richmond is noted for its significant historic architecture and has several districts and individual buildings that are noted on the National Register of Historic Places. Richmond is sometimes called the "cradle of recorded jazz" because the earliest jazz recordings and records were made at the studio of Gennett Records, the first to record such artists as Louis Armstrong, Bix Beiderbecke, Jelly Roll Morton, Hoagy Carmichael, Lawrence Welk and Gene Autry. Richmond is located about 12 miles south of Hoosier Hill, the highest point in Indiana.
Please direct all inquiries, applications, and referrals to:
About AMN Leadership Solutions, Executive and Physician Leadership Search
AMN Leadership Solutions, Executive and Physician Leadership Search, is a retained executive search firm serving the healthcare and life sciences industries. Ranked as one of the top healthcare recruiting firms in the country, AMN Leadership Solutions, is known for leading healthcare into the future by its growing base of clients across the country, drawing on a national pool of candidates.