Join Maine’s Most Comprehensive Behavioral Healthcare Organization as Their Chief Operating Officer!
- Reporting to the President & CEO, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will serve as a key member of the executive team, leading operational efficiencies, and administrative functions for the organization in order to drive sustainable growth and operations.
- Seeking a leader with broad understanding of the behavioral health marketplace and well positioned to engage with internal and external stakeholders to identify multi-dimensional opportunities for growth and partnerships while promoting strategies that positively impact the employee engagement, quality and overall compliance.
- The selected COO will have direct oversight of Sweetser’s Affiliate Network of approximately 250 service providers, Human Resources, Information Technology, Facilities and serve as a key advocate and liaison with local legislators, regulatory agencies, and state representatives as needed.
- Bachelors required; Masters preferred or commensurate combination of education and progressive leadership experience in behavioral health.
- Sweetser is a private, nonprofit community mental health provider that is Maine’s most comprehensive behavioral healthcare organization. With a statewide network of care, Sweetser offers services to people of all ages in mental and behavioral health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, recovery, and education.
- As the state’s largest mobile crisis service provider, Sweetser supported 3,481 mobile crisis interventions in 2020 and serves approximately 20,000 children and adults each year. Sweetser’s service offerings include community-based, crisis, outpatient, residential, and educational.
- Advocacy on behalf of their clients is a priority for Sweetser. To support programs that serve children, families and adults in Maine, Sweetser works with other nonprofit mental health providers. The Behavioral Health Community Collaborative includes Gateway Community Services Maine, KidsPeace, The Opportunity Alliance, Oxford Mental Health, Shalom House, Spurwink, Sweetser, and Volunteers of America Northern New England.
- Nationally recognized and accredited, Sweetser was awarded the Margaret Chase Smith Quality Award in 2002, recognizing the organization’s achievement integrating quality improvement throughout an expansive network of care.
- Located less than 20 minutes from Maine’s largest city Portland, Saco sits between seven miles of sandy ocean beaches to the east and the beautiful Saco River to the west.
- Less than two hours from Boston, Massachusetts, Portland is home to the historic Old Port district, and Cape Elizabeth, which marks the entrance to Portland Harbor.
- Portland, which was ranked 4th among the top 10 perfect places to live in America, combines diverse cultural offerings of a large metropolitan city with a charming small-town atmosphere and easy access to beautiful beaches.
- Portland has a vibrant art scene, having been named one of the country’s top 25 art destinations by American Style magazine, and offers more than 2,000 art events annually.