Join a top Wisconsin Medical Center as the new Director of Finance in this adventurer’s paradise town!
- As the new Director of Finance, you will be responsible for leading, managing, and monitoring the Medical Centers financial and accounting systems.
- The Director will report and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer while helping retain and recruit new staff to the department.
- Oversee balance sheet reconciliations, monitor daily revenue and expenses, review and approve Fixed Asset Schedules with a complete understanding of the capitalization vs. expense theory, among many other duties.
- The Director’s first projects will be to compile the budget, review Medicare cost reports and income statements, and complete a financial packet for the finance committee to review.
- The ideal candidate will have an accounting background and need to be familiar with how to compile a budget, have strong accounting theory, willing to train and mentor the staff, high degree of accuracy, and have strong technical skills.
- The Director will be responsible for modules within financial accounting system including GL, AP, Payroll, Cash Management, AR & FAS from a GAAP standard perspective. Additional responsibilities are:
- Actively monitors daily and revenue & expensive with an eye towards financial trending & analytics
- Prepares internal analytics on cost benefit situations
- Reviews and approves Fixed Asset Schedule with complete understanding of capitalization vs expense theory
- Creates annual budgets assumptions using industry benchmarks; oversees and leads the annual budgeting process within timelines as given by Finance Committee and Board meetings
- Oversees and leads the annual financial audit working closely and transparently with outside auditors.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with a background in healthcare 5+ years or greater
- MBA/CPA certification preferred.
- This position does offer a hybrid work environment for those residing outside of the St. Croix Metro region.
- St. Croix Regional Medical Center is a not-for-profit healthcare facility located in St. Croix Falls, WI that has been serving the community for over 100 years.
- SCRMC offers the services of 80+ providers and 20 specialties with five community clinics all supported by a critical access hospital on the main campus in St. Croix Falls.
- St. Croix Regional Medical Center received a 5-star rating for patient experience based on a national survey performed by Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems.
- SCRMC is committed to an ongoing quality and performance improvement program to evaluate the quality, safety and effectiveness of the care delivered to our patients and their families.
- The City of St Croix Falls, Wisconsin, is a historic River Town located along the St Croix River at the junctions of US Hwy 8 with State Hwys 35 and 87 in western Wisconsin.
- St Croix Falls is known as the City of Trails with access to the Gandy Dancer Trail, the Ice Age Trail, Woolly Mountain Bike Trail and a number of hiking trails through local parks, Wisconsin Interstate Park and the St Croix National Scenic River Way.
- The bluffs and dalles of the St. Croix River form the backdrop of the city of St. Croix Falls. Adventurers paddle the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, hike the Ice Age National Trail or camp at Interstate State Park. Mountain biking, winery tours and more fun await in this scenic destination.
- An award-winning school district and a busy commercial district along the Highway 8 corridor to Wisconsin's vacationland make the City of Trails a great place to live and work.
- Just an hour away from Minneapolis and St Paul, you have little town benefits from an urban sense of progress fueled by friendly neighbors, smart business owners, a lively arts community and dedicated city officials. Committed to a local and sustainable lifestyle, St. Croix Falls supports a thriving farmers’ market, hosts a community garden, and uses solar energy to heat the city library.