Spend this winter in one of the top-rated small towns in America
- The Interim Director oversees the healthcare organization’s Human Resources programs and policies related to employee and labor relations, benefits, communications, compensation, compliance, recruitment, and training and development.
- Seeking a visible and hands-on leader to engage with staff, move key projects forward, and ensure successful day-to-day operations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ideal candidates will bring a strong understanding of contracts and union environments.
- Named the best small town in New York State and ranked 11th in the U.S. in The 100 Best Small Towns in America, Saranac Lake is a must-visit Adirondack destination.
- The heart of Saranac Lake is filled with unique shops, art galleries, restaurants for any palate, plenty of attractions and the beautiful Hotel Saranac. Take a ride on the Adirondack Carousel while sitting on local fauna like "Bug Eye" the Blackfly and other Adirondack friends. Check out one of the many area museums for a lesson in history, art and culture. There's also plenty of nightlife spots where you can find live music and local craft beers.
- The area is loaded with hiking trails and canoe routes, plus outfitters to help you gear up for any adventure. You can spot the local wildlife, downhill ski at Mount Pisgah, and cross-country ski at Dewey Mountain Recreation Center. Golfers and cyclists will also find plenty of enjoyment here. Throughout the Saranac Lakes Wild Forest, there are 12 lean-tos you can camp in.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.