Join Kindred Hospital Seattle-First Hill as The Director of Clinical Nursing with this innovative opportunity in the heart of beautiful Seattle, Washington!
- Reporting to the Chief Clinical Officer, the Director of Clinical Nursing will coordinate and organize the functions throughout assigned clinical operation departments and will be responsible for the development of nursing staff to ensure that implemented goals, objectives or performance, policies, and procedures are met.
- Seeking a visible leader who will work in close partnership with the hospital’s administration team to drive optimal operations, as well as inspire and educate staff around the delivery of personalized patient care, all in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- The Director will participate in the preparation of budget development and capital expenditure plans for the nursing department. The Director will need to hold the ability to analyze financial reports to ensure necessary fiscal resource allocations to support both current and potential nursing objectives.
- As the hospital’s nursing leader, it is essential that the Director drives the continuation of excellent patient care and the enhancement of clinical competencies across the organization to ensure that credibility is established with patients, physicians, staff, and colleagues.
- Ideal candidates will bring excellent interpersonal skills to guarantee that they will be able to properly lead staff members through any cultural changes, as well as drive the improvement of expectations, productivity. Additionally, the Director will need to bring a hands-on mentality with the willingness to help nursing staff when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, finance, clinical specialty, or other directly related field is required.
- Active Washington RN license is required.
- Kindred Hospital Seattle – First Hill is a Joint Commission accredited hospital affiliated with Kindred Healthcare, a healthcare network that offers care through transitional care hospitals, home care, hospice, inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, subacute units, and contract rehabilitation services.
- Treating some of the sickest patients throughout all of the organization’s hospitals, First Hill is focused on high-quality patient care and ensures that all patients are properly cared for by partnering with their physician to maintain individual care plans for each patient to guarantee they are on the best possible road to recovery.
- Kindred Hospital Seattle-First Hill is an 80-bed long-term acute care hospital that supports patients through long-term recovery periods and provide 24-hour clinical care for a range of specialties including wound care, cardiac, organ transplants, trauma, pulmonary, and more.
- In 2017, the hospital was included on the Antimicrobial Stewardship Hospital Honor Roll, a public distinction bestowed by the Washington State Department of Health for antibiotic use best practices.
- Often referred to as the Emerald City, Seattle is surrounded with greenery all year-round, which is fitting since Washington is known as the “Evergreen State”. Downtown Seattle is home to the Seattle Art Museum, The Seattle Symphony, and Pike Place Market.
- The Seattle Center is a premier destination for arts, entertainment, leisure, and children’s activities – the 74-acre campus is home to The Museum of Pop Culture, The Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum, and the ever-popular Space Needle.
- Seattle offers many hiking, Skiing, flight, and outdoor water activities including Mount Rainier, Discovery Park, Burke-Gilman Trail, and even whale watching on the shores of Alki Beach. Thrill and adventure aren’t limited to only Seattle; you can also explore Washington’s 120 state parks, three national parks, six national forests, or the18 national wildlife refuges.
- The city of Seattle offers more than two dozen school districts including both private and public education opportunities and Mercer Island School District, one of the top three school districts in Washington for college readiness.