A South Dakota Hospital is searching for an Interim OR Director to join their team
- The Interim OR Director will be responsible for the oversight of OR, Employee Health, and Infection Control department within a critical access hospital.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, this leader will oversee a team of 5 FTEs.
- This leader will be tasked with reviewing current workflow processes, and consult on best practices. They will also work to provide professional developmental activities to department staff. Finally, this leader will help with recruitment efforts for nursing staff.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong and experience leader, who can provide professional development to department staff.
- Must be available to start within 2-3 weeks of acceptance.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Active SD RN or compact state license required
- Sisseton is a wonderful place to visit – and a beautiful place to live! The city offers a full-service business community serving as hub for an active extended commercial district. Progressive business community includes agriculture, livestock marketing, light industry, health care and over 190 independent businesses.
- With Sisseton’s ease of access to six nearby state parks and recreation areas, wooded coulees, clear lakes and rolling grasslands, as well as exceptional camping, hunting, fishing, golfing, biking, and hiking opportunities.
- Ample lodging, dining options, unique museums, great special events, casino gambling and a full-service business community ensure all of the amenities that visitors have come to expect from a relaxed get- away destination.
- Sisseton is the home to a number of tourist attractions, including the Nicollet Tower, and is near the "Song to the Great Spirit" building on the Sisseton Wahpeton College campus.
- The city is named for the Sisseton (or Sissetowan) division of the Native American Sioux.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.