Join Holy Name Medical Center, an independent Catholic healthcare system, for the role of Director of Purchasing in the historic township of Teaneck, New Jersey!
- The Director of Purchasing will be responsible for the oversight of procurement, vendor management, and purchasing processes for Holy Name Medical Center (HNMC).
- The Director of Purchasing will serve as a key leader throughout the department and will play a crucial rule in the assurance of essential medical supplies, equipment, services pertaining to procurement strategies, vendor management, and supply chain functions throughout the organization.
- The Director will collaborate closely with the nursing, physicians, department heads, financial leaders, and both internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement comprehensive strategies to implement improvements that benefit quality and reduce costs for ongoing initiatives that align with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- This leader closely monitors key performance metrics throughout the department including pricing, delivery schedules, service level agreements, and will closely monitor and maintain supplier agreements to ensure that favorable terms and conditions are secured that align with the organization’s expectations.
- The Director will focus highly on cost optimization by developing and implementing cost-saving initiatives including group purchasing agreements, competitive bidding processes, and volume discounts throughout the organization to allow for cost reduction without lowering quality of care.
- Seeking collaborative leader who will be able to tactfully interact and foster positive working relationships with both internal and external partners including key stakeholders, suppliers, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- This leader will lead contract negotiations with suppliers and hospital vendors to ensure that all contracts are comprehensive, align with organizational objectives, and are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- The Director must be knowledgeable in legal expectations including healthcare regulations, compliance standards, and industry trends pertaining to procurement and will ensure that all transactions throughout the department are aligned with organizational quality, safety, and ethical sourcing standards.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years of procurement, purchasing, and/or supply chain management experience within a healthcare related setting is required.
- Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Holy Name Medical Center is a comprehensive 361-bed medical center delivering a wide array of patient services and is New Jersey’s last remaining independent Catholic health system.
- Holy Name Medical Center offers multiple specialty service lines to ensure that all patients are provided individual care plans accompanied by high-quality patient care. Some of these specialties include oncology, residential hospice, interventional medicine, research, and wound care.
- Holy Name Medical Center is a highly respected and accredited healthcare organization and has won multiple awards and accreditations. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), and the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, Holy Name Medical Center is also recognized as a Magnet Facility, Radiation Oncology Accredited Facility, and have received a Gold Seal of Approval by The Joint Commission.
- Focused on the well-being of their community, Holy Name Medical Center strives to provide compassionate and evidence-based care for all patients. Holy Name provides multiple patient resources including the Institute for Clinical Research, Patricia Lynch Cancer Center, and Villa Marie Claire, a residential hospice system.
- Teaneck, New Jersey, is a historic township located in Bergen County, a neighboring community within the New York metropolitan area and approximately a 15-mile drive from New York.
- Teaneck, New Jersey, is known for being the center of historical events, and is home to a wide array of museums including the Maywood Station Museum, the Bergen County Historical Society, and the Steuben House at Historic New Bridge Landing.
- Teaneck offers multiple indoor attractions including shopping boutiques, cinemas, Debonair Music Hall, and the Purple Lily Art Studio. For the outdoor lover, Teaneck is home to multiple parks and outdoor recreational destinations including Flat Rock Brook Nature Center, Overpack County Park, Tenafly Nature Center, and Johnson Park.
- For the culinary extraordinaire, Teaneck offers a wide variety of culinary experiences. Grab a steak at Regina’s Steakhouse, a pizza at Pancetta Italian Restaurant, or Mediterranean cuisine at Vasili’s Taverna.