Alabama Health System is searching for a new Interim Director of Medical Staff
- The Interim Director of Medical Staff will be responsible for medical staffing and credentialing.
- The Director will oversee a staff of two, while reporting to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Focus on maintaining a current frequency of credentialing, preparing for an upcoming Joint Commission survey, and increase optimization with MD staff software that has been implemented.
- Seeking an experienced, knowledgeable, flexible leader who has a background in working with private practice documents. Four years of progressive experience working with physicians preferred.
- Master’s degree required in Health Sciences, Education, or Business.
- Home to the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa is known as one of the top places to live, offering the excitement of SEC athletics, exposure to major industries, and easy access to both Atlanta and the panhandle beaches.
- This is an opportunity offering incredible stability for both you and your family in a beautiful, clean southern setting.
- Tuscaloosa has approximately 182,000 residents, is located along the banks of the Black Warrior River and has appeared in Money magazine’s annual list of the country’s best places to live. The ranking is based on qualities most valued in a place to live as stated by Money magazine subscribers.
- The area offers many amenities of a larger urban area yet maintains a small-town feel. It is renowned for folk art and the blues, but you can also find one of the great collections of American fine art and attend a symphony performance in a music hall with acoustics that rivals the best anywhere.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.