Enjoy southern lifestyle living and join Ascension Providence, an “A Rated” Leapfrog Hospital as Director of Perioperative Services in beautiful Waco, TX!
- The Director of Perioperative Services will direct the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and strategies for all Perioperative Services in a department with 13 Operating Rooms.
- Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, this leader will oversee at team of five direct reports and approximately 200 FTEs.
- This leader will be expected to improve surgical services quality metrics, improve patient experience, and align staff, equipment, and supplies in all surgical services areas. Another supplemental goal of this leader will be to drive continued volume growth based on surgical demand. They will also be expected to build professional and positive relationships with surgeons and department staff and improve staff retention.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong visible leader who engages with staff and patients regularly. Must be an active listener and demonstrate a positive attitude at all times. This leader will be capable of communicating effectively, work well under stress, and demonstrate success in improving patient throughput.
- Must possess 5 years’ relevant experience working in an OR, with a minimum of 2 years’ leadership/management experience. CNOR certification highly preferred.
- BSN required; MSN preferred. Active RN license required.
- Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care.
- As a Catholic health ministry, Ascension has a unique obligation and calling to patients and families, beginning with the doctors, nurses and care teams serving their hospitals and care sites across the country. The organizations mission calls staff to care for everyone with dignity and respect, valuing those we serve and those we serve alongside.
- Providence Health Center, part of Ascension, is located in West Waco and was founded in 1905 as Waco's first hospital.
- The campus, which is part of Providence Healthcare Network, includes a 237 bed, acute-care hospital offering the best level of care in virtually every medical discipline. They are one of the largest employers in Waco with over 2,200 employees who are committed to providing compassionate and personalized care to those we serve.
- Ascension Providence is a Primary Stroke Center and a Level II Stroke Center designated by the State of Texas, the highest level of recognition available. The Stroke Center has been awarded the Gold Plus Level Performance Award from the American Heart Association.
- Waco sits in central Texas, midway between Dallas and Austin both of which are within an hour and a half driving distance.
- The city mimics the climate of its larger counterparts with hot summers and mild winters.
- With a charming historic district, visitors flock to Waco to explore its many antique stores and quaint shops of Magnolia Market.
- Cameron Park is a 416-acre park in the heart of Waco, offering residents the ability to enjoy mountain biking, scenic overviews, winding trails, and the wildlife that call the Cameron Zoo home.
- The city is the birthplace of Dr Pepper, the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum and the Texas Sports Hall of Fame.
- The owners of Magnolia Farms, Chip and Joanna Gaines are proud to call Waco home. The stars of the hit show “Fixer Upper”, and now their own network Magnolia, can be found often in this small town!
- Big companies, Amazon and Tesla are also setting up shop in neighboring cities, making central Texas their home bringing numerous job and economic growth to the surrounding area!