Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital is seeking an expert to join their team as the Director- Outpatient Cardiovascular Services!
- The Director- Outpatient Cardiovascular Services will provide leadership for all outpatient cardiology services across one hospital and 13 clinic locations, which will span from Central Wisconsin to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and play a key role in the continued success and growth of the cardiology department.
- Report structure includes 4 Managers reporting directly to the Director- Outpatient Cardiovascular Services.
- Focus on outpatient service growth and development, strategic direction, and developing an operational plan.
- Stabilize operations during growth and acquisitions, as well as implement practices around key initiatives such as efficient utilization of clinicians, remote patient monitoring, and outreach efforts.
- In tandem with the Regional Medical Director that covers inpatient services, the Director- Outpatient Cardiovascular Services provides vision, leadership, direction, and oversight to specialty clinic medical staff, managers, clinic coordinators, clinic supervisors, and overall clinic operation within outpatient services.
- Seeking a strong communicator who will quickly develop partnerships with medical providers and employees.
- Ideal candidates will bring strong outpatient clinic management skills, demonstrate the ability to tackle high priority initiatives as well as the ability to speak to cardiologists on a clinical level.
- Bachelor’s required; Master’s preferred.
- Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is licensed for 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties.
- Aspirus Wausau Hospital provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer.
- For a 7th year in a row, Aspirus’ Heart and Vascular Program has been an IBM Watson Top 50 Heart and Vascular Program in the United States, recognized by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
- Additionally, for a fourth year in a row, the Aspirus Health System has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study.
- The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
- Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women’s health, and spine and neurological care.
- Wausau, located in central Wisconsin, boasts a very favorable cost of living, affordable housing and friendly people.
- Surrounded by woods, lakes and hills, Wausau combines big-city amenities and small-town hospitality with the look and feel of the great Northwoods.
- Four seasons of outdoor recreation, a thriving arts community, entertaining festivals and events, diverse shopping and dining are just some of the many things to discover in the Wausau area.