Enjoy northern lifestyle living and join York Hospital, in beautiful Maine as their new Director of Family Care!
- The Director of Family Care is responsible for ongoing leadership and operations of a clinical department and for nursing care, safety, and quality for a 9-bed unit.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, this leader will oversee a team of twelve direct reports.
- This leader will be tasked with implementing, monitoring, and maintaining quality initiatives. They will also work to hire, train, and mentor department staff. Lastly, they will be expected to continue development of education initiatives.
- This leader will also assist the department and hospital in obtaining their Joint Commission Accreditation, and maintain “Baby Friendly” designation status.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong, and dynamic leader with excellent communication, and collaboration skills. Previous experience hiring/building effective teams will be critical.
- BSN degree or actively pursuing degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in progressive management/leadership role.
- Active ME RN or Compact license required.
- Starting out as a summer cottage built high upon “Breezy Knoll” in York Village in 1906, York Hospital has since grown to become one of the most respected, caring, and sophisticated facilities in the Seacoast area.
- At York Hospital you will find a modern facility with excellent medical/surgical units, 24-hour emergency care, extensive inpatient and outpatient services and many year-round community programs.
- York Hospital, and its team of providers and clinicians offer expertise in primary care, wellness and prevention, diagnostics and detection, specialized medicine and surgery, acute hospitalization and support services, rehabilitation, and care at home; along with connections to tertiary centers for when needs become highly specialized.
- It is the mission of the York Hospital to enhance the health and wellness of local communities served, by being a trusted health partner dedicated to clinical excellence and service.
- Newsweek recently ranked York Hospital as one of the “Best Maternity Hospitals” in the U.S. and among the top three in Maine.
- York is a town in York County, Maine, United States, near the southern tip of the state and Situated beside the Atlantic Ocean on the Gulf of Maine.
- York is known for its excellent beaches, lighthouse, and for being not that far from one of the most beautiful hikes in southern Maine.
- Founded in 1642 and is one of Maine's oldest towns, so there are also many historical sites that are just waiting to be explored by the towns visitors.
- The Nubble Lighthouse is one of the best lighthouses to see in all of Maine, and it just happens to be in York! It was opened in 1879 and has been a staple in this part of Maine ever since. Other exciting features of the city include, three 18-hole golf clubs, tons of city parks, and Mount Agamenticus.
- If looking for a weekend adventure, take a trip to Boston, MA. York, ME is located just an hour drive from the city and all the excitement it offers.